Saturday, March 3, 2012

Movie my life

    I swear that the day I’m finished with my college apps, i’ll pop open a bag of chips, get a bowl of Häagen-Dazs, sit in front of my television and watch movies until I feel like I’m gonna puke or my eyes start popping out. That’s how much I love watching movies. It’s like one of those small joys in life that make your life so much more livable. I’m one of thos psychotic movie manias whose watched all the movies you watched and all those you didn’t watch. Maybe that’s why my head spins in those weird ways. I think of my life as a movie. In fact, every little thing that happens to me, is a part of a movie scene I’m making.

    These days, I’m crazy about those thriller like action like mystery movies. Like Disturbia or The Stepfather or A Perfect Getaway. Movies that are scary but not just violent with ghosts in them, but movies that have a story and in which you have to use your brain and the story keeps twisting and turning. Anyways, there are times in life when I have these painful crazes that aren’t curable with pills. Like this one time, when I was young, I had the Harry Potter disease, and I know every 14 year old child had that, but mine was pretty bad. In fact, the only thing I thought about was Harry Potter and Hogwarts. My imagination was so convincing that somehow I started to believe that my school was Hogwarts in disguise. I was actually pretty old for that but thinking about that past, I don’t even remember how I got out of that craze. I had a lot of movie crazes actually, there was the Mission Impossible craze where I actually thought I was a secret spy in disguise, and then there was that Princess Diary craze where I believed that I was the hidden princess of Korea and etc.
    The new craze I have is this murder movie thing that’s going in. Recently, I moved to my grandma’s house alone because its closer to my school, but then my grandma’s house is one of the few private homes in this neighborhood and whenever people pass by, they just look at our house. (My grandma didn’t want high fences so we had lower fences, its really easy for strangers to just pop over to our side of the house). And somehow, I started this whole movie in my head about a thriller, murder movie. So this is how it goes....
A young girl 17, moves to her grandma’s house. It’s not in the big cities so its kind of isolated, and people here are all just so mysterious. They really care a lot about other’s people business. One day, this girl goes out to the garden to take pictures of her dog and the house and after she takes a photo next to the tree, she looks at it and realizes that there is somebody looking at her through a window in the picture. She looks up to see the window but theres no one there but the curtains kind of blow as if someone had been there. The weird thing is that, this window is the window to the new apartment across from her grandma’s house, and it has been newly rebuilt so no one should be living there....not yet....
Anyways, it may sound to you like one of those common thriller movies, but when I grow old, I’ll make one of those movies that will make your skin get loose out of your pockets. That’s my dream, to become a movie director. Anyways, I’ll tell you more about my childhood crazes one day. I bet one can make a movie out of my childhood, it was that much interesting, at least in the world of my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment